By: Annie Grace Plott
Christmas Break has finally arrived. During this time families all over the world will be celebrating their various holidays and traditions. However, there are many other very exciting things to do over this break besides celebrate a holiday. Below are the top 5 things to do over Christmas break!
5) See the Lights: Christmas lights and decorations are placed on many houses all throughout the Hendersonville and Asheville area. So driving around and seeing all of the numerous decorations is sure to be exciting. If hunting down lights isn’t your forte then you can drive to the WNC Agricultural Center and view Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland for $25 a car. This light show is sure to be quite spectacular.
4) Bake: Making cookies, pies, and holiday cakes are a necessity for a great Christmas Break. Baking is not only a way to bring joy to your stomach, but to also make your relatives happy and fill lost time. A place to start would be .verybestbaking.com an excellent website to find Christmas baking recipes.
3) Watch Christmas Movies: Christmas movies are a huge part of the Holiday season. They are on nearly every channel and on almost 24/7. Movies can allow for you to have some bonding time with your family and your friends, some good movies to start with are “A Miracle on 34th Street” and “Rudolph: The Red-Nosed Reindeer”.
2) Go Shopping: The day after Christmas is a good time to find deals on clothes, technology, and Christmas decorations. Shopping is a way to relax before exams and buy some new items for yourself and others with the money you may have received as a gift.
1) Spend time with your family: The number one thing that you can do over Christmas Break is spend time with your family, this truly embracing the Christmas spirit! Sometimes it can be difficult to spend time with your loved ones during the school year, so Christmas break allows for you to do so without the stress of school getting in the way.