Student News: marching band competition, school play and more

north-logoBy: Staff Report 

See what North Henderson students need to know for this coming week below. 

Marching Band competition on Tuesday: 

North Henderson will host the 2016 Henderson County Preview show on Tuesday night. The show will feature all county schools who have a marching band, and is designed for bands to make last second improvements before they start their competitive seasons in the coming weeks.

The annual event will cost five dollars for admission and take place at 6:30 p.m.

Play for Juniors on Tuesday:

Juniors attending North Henderson are invited and required to attend Tuesday’s play titled “The Diary of Anne Frank” at the Flat Rock Playhouse. Students do not have pay for this event, but are highly recommended to wear a polo shirt or appropriate clothing.

College Fairs to take place Tuesday and Thursday:

Seniors and juniors will get their first chance to find their home for the next four years on Tuesday at Blue Ridge Community College Night that will be held on Tuesday evening, September 13, 2016, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m at Blue Ridge Community College’s conference center, and the event will be free to attend. The event not only welcomes upperclassmen, but underclassmen as well and their parents. Representatives from colleges such as Mars Hills University, North Carolina State University and other well-known colleges will be in attendance to show what their schools are all about.

The Carolina Association of College Registrars and Admissions Officers will be holding the Western North Carolina College Fair on Thursday, September 15th from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. at Kimmel Arena in the university’s Sherrill Center and will also be free. The event is also designed for upperclassmen and their parents. Over 85 colleges will be attending.

Student Council meeting: 

The first student council meeting of the year will be held in Ms. Moon’s classroom (z129) tomorrow morning at 7:33 a.m.  All Student Council officers, class officers and students that applied for Merit Membership need to attend. Any other students interested in joining are highly encouraged to attend, also.

Advertisements